The IT Infrastructure Engineering Manager will be responsible for overseeing a team of engineers and project managers that execute IT infrastructure projects. This role will work with the Answerport leadership team to assist with guiding the strategy and vision for the continued growth of the infrastructure practice. The IT Infrastructure Engineering Manager will oversee teams made up of Infrastructure Engineers and Project Managers that are responsible for the completion of IT infrastructure and security projects for clients' environments. This role will be responsible for the ongoing development of the infrastructure delivery capabilities while serving as an escalation point for technical and project management issues to ensure the highest level of customer service throughout the infrastructure team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with structuring, developing and executing project plans to align with client's initiatives.
- Assist with implementing the necessary processes and technology to achieve the infrastructure practice business goals.
- Lead research and development projects to investigate new areas of technology that can be used to improve the setup and security of client's environments as well as improve the efficiency of project execution.
- Provide direction and lead the infrastructure engineering team to ensure proper resource planning, scheduling, and staff development.
- Assist the infrastructure team with maintaining customer relationships and improving response and delivery times to exceed customer expectations.
- Set clear priorities, objectives, and expectations for the infrastructure engineers and project managers to ensure high-quality customer service and timely completion of client projects.
- Manage the workflow and task prioritization for infrastructure practice team members.
- Provide guidance on escalated technical issues; step in and assist with troubleshooting technical escalations when needed.
- Create and present regular reports to the company leadership team on the progress of infrastructure projects and areas for improving the infrastructure practice.
- Ensure processes and procedures are in place to ensure daily priorities are met and that project plans, documentation, status reports, etc., are updated regularly.
- Conduct periodic performance planning reviews with team members and identify areas for improvement.
Qualifications / Knowledge and Skills:
- Prior experience leading an IT infrastructure group that consists of multiple infrastructure engineers and project managers within the organization's structure.
- Prior experience defining infrastructure project approaches to achieve project objectives and then structuring and developing detailed project plans to achieve the desired project outcomes.
- Prior experience doing hands-on technical work and managing technical teams, including a working knowledge of IT infrastructure and security technologies.
- Prior experience establishing new processes and systems to support improved customer service and an improved customer experience.
- Organizational skills for keeping track of various budgets, employees, and schedules simultaneously.
- Experience coaching/mentoring and developing team members in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic; willing to be hands-on as required to lead the team.
- Ability to develop and deliver clear and concise written and verbal communications to facilitate excellent customer service.
- Strong written and verbal communications are required.
- Strong leadership ability with a proven track record to develop team spirit.
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems.
- Ability to travel up to 20% as needed for client meetings and on-site project work.
- Four year college degree is preferred.