The IT Service Delivery Director will oversee and be responsible for all aspects of Answerport’s managed services business. The Director will work with the Answerport leadership team to guide the strategy and vision for the continued growth of the managed services business unit. The Director will oversee a delivery organization made up of team leaders, Systems Administrators, IT Analysts, and Project Managers that provide day-to-day support for multiple clients’ IT environments. The Director will be responsible for the ongoing development of the managed services delivery capabilities and support infrastructure while serving as an escalation point for technical issues and ensuring the highest level of customer service throughout the Managed Services team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in developing and implementing managed services business strategy and business direction with overall company leadership.
- Develop and execute project plans to implement the necessary process and technology improvement initiatives to achieve managed services business goals. This will include an immediate effort to select and implement a more robust helpdesk / ticketing solution.
- Provide direction and lead the managed services organization to ensure proper resource planning, scheduling, and staff development.
- Assist the managed services team with maintaining customer relationships and improving response and delivery times to exceed customer expectations.
- Set clear priorities, objectives, and expectations for the Managed Services team to ensure high-quality customer service and timely completion of tickets.
- Manage the workflow and task prioritization for Managed Services team members.
- Provide guidance on escalated technical issues; step in and assist with troubleshooting technical escalations when needed.
- Create and present regular reports to the company leadership team.
- Ensure processes and procedures are in place to ensure daily priorities are met and that documentation, status reports, asset inventories, etc. are updated regularly.
- Conduct periodic performance planning reviews with team members and identify areas for improvement.
Qualifications / Knowledge and Skills:
- Prior experience leading an IT managed services / IT support organization that consists of multiple support teams within the organization's structure.
- Prior experience establishing new processes and systems to support improved customer service and an improved customer experience.
- Experience coaching/mentoring and developing managed services team members in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop and deliver clear and concise written and verbal communications to facilitate excellent customer service.
- Strong written and verbal communications are required.
- Strong leadership ability with a proven track record to develop team spirit.
- Prior experience doing hands-on technical work as well as management of technical teams, including a working knowledge of IT infrastructures and security technologies.
- Ability to travel up to 10% as needed for client meetings and on-site project work.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic; willing to be hands-on as required to lead the team.
- Four year college degree is preferred.