The IT Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for the ongoing development of the purchasing execution capabilities while serving as an escalation point for technical staff and project managers to ensure the highest level of customer service throughout the infrastructure practice. The IT Procurement Coordinator oversees the daily activities related to the technology purchasing function for the managed services and infrastructure teams. The IT Procurement Coordinator will collaborate with vendors, clients, project managers, and infrastructure team members to ensure timely order and delivery of IT purchases (hardware and software) as needed for client operations and the completion of infrastructure projects. They also will assist with the continuous review of managed services client’s IT asset inventory to define annual refresh projects as well as plan for software renewals and subscription right sizing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of IT purchases from initial request through the confirmation of asset receipt, as requested by clients, infrastructure engineers, and project managers.
- Collaborate with managed services and infrastructure teams to maintain a repository of enterprise software licenses, software subscriptions, and hardware maintenance contracts for each client.
- Coordinate the timely renewal of client software subscriptions, software licenses, and hardware maintenance contracts.
- Ensure new asset information is entered into the client’s asset tracking documentation or system.
- Coordinate shipping defective equipment to vendor and arranging a replacement.
- Assist the managed services team with regular review of asset inventory to allow for proactive ordering of spare equipment and software to meet client’s business operations requirements.
- Research products and equipment as part of the order and quoting process; prepare product/equipment specifications as requested by clients.
- As needed, assist the infrastructure and managed services teams in maintaining customer relationships and improving response and delivery times to exceed customer expectations.
- Assist the managed services teams in coordinating the decommissioning of assets and removing surplus hardware / software, as needed.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships, including an understanding of current market dynamics relative to pricing and lead times, as required for hardware and software purchases.
- Negotiate with vendors for the best price for software and hardware purchases.
- Assist with developing and maintaining processes and procedures to ensure the consistency of IT procurement requests, daily priority execution, client asset documentation maintenance, and status reports on procurement activities.
- Create and present regular reports to the company leadership team on the progress of IT procurement initiatives and areas for improving the infrastructure practice.
Qualifications / Knowledge and Skills:
- Prior experience with IT infrastructure software licensing and volume purchasing agreements for the major enterprise system software suppliers (e.g., Microsoft, VMWare, Adobe, etc.)
- Prior experience with IT infrastructure hardware purchasing agreements for the major enterprise equipment suppliers (e.g., Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, HP, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills for keeping track of various budgets and purchase requests across multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
- Experience in planning and carrying out software license audits & reconciliations.
- Prior experience establishing new processes and procedures to support improved customer service and an improved customer experience.
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and with attention to detail.
- Experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective to customers as part of a purchase decision approval process.
- Beneficial, although not required, is that the applicant has coursework experience or a degree in the area of procurement / supply chain management.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Strong written and verbal communications to facilitate excellent customer service are required.
- Ability to travel up to 5% as needed for client meetings and on-site project work.
- Four year college degree is preferred.