The Systems Administrator will join the Managed Services team to assist with day-to-day support for multiple clients' IT environments including resolving tickets, patching, troubleshooting, PC deployments, etc. This person must have strong end user and PC support skills to troubleshoot PC issues both remotely and onsite. In addition, they must have some server admin exposure (backups, patching) and excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with clients and document all work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolve a wide range of tickets, i.e., server, application, network, laptops/desktops, troubleshooting and configuration of Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, file and print services.
- Answer technical support calls and incoming tickets and assign severity, prioritize work accordingly to resolve that issue.
- Configure hardware, peripherals and services in accordance with standards and project requirements.
- Perform software installations, configuration, upgrades, troubleshooting, and performance tuning from multiple vendors and systems.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, install, configure, and deploy workstation, servers, VPN, printers, switches, routers, peripherals, and software packages.
- Perform daily client checks and remediate any discrepancies discovered.
- Test new equipment, image operating systems, perform data backups, and restores.
- Set up accounts, moves, adds, changes to end user permissions.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to established SLA’s
- Ensure server patching schedules are maintained and documented.
- Support after hours on-call on a rotating basis.
- Solid level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills with commonly used concepts, practices, procedures, and tools used in supporting and maintaining Windows based solutions.
- Excellent communication and customer service with the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment with accuracy and attention to detail with sound decision making, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Motivated with a desire to learn, grow and enhance our teams’ abilities. Certifications are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft networks including the administration and management of Server 2012 through 2019 technologies including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and Group Policy.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications including O365, Teams, One Drive, Exchange Administration and MDM.
- Minimum 5 years IT experience with IT administration and support experience with windows administration and management of servers, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and Group Policy and virtualization
- Experience with cloud technologies preferred
- Previous Experience in a fast-paced consulting or MSP environment is a plus
- Solid knowledge of backup solutions and network storage solutions.
- Basic knowledge of network services: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Core understanding of information security best practices and networking fundamentals.
- Tier 2 and 3 desktop support experience.
- Be able to work after hours for business impacting changes.
- Ability to travel up to 20% as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Provide professional and personable onsite and remote support.